Today, RCT Council have announced that they are considering changes to some schools in RCT. These will be discussed in a Cabinet meeting next week (Monday 4 October).
Details are limited at the moment, but the proposal lists the following proposed changes:
- Ysgol Llanhari – to modernise and replace the majority of the existing buildings;
- Ysgol Cwm Rhondda – creating a new 3-19 all through school by
remodelling and modernising the existing site or building a brand new school on an alternative site;
- A new English medium primary provision for Glyncoch to replace the two existing schools, subject to statutory school reorganisation
consultation and decision making processes;
- A new special school to cater for the increased demand for the
Council’s special school provision, a report on this proposal will be
put before Cabinet shortly;
- A new 21st Century school for Penrhys Primary;
- A new 21st Century school for Maesybryn Primary; and,
- A new 21st Century school for Tonysguboriau Primary
The Cabinet paper can be read here: https://rctcbc.moderngov.co.uk/docum.../s31163/Report.pdf...
Whilst some of these changes are long overdue, such as investment in Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhondda, many people have already been in touch to express concern about some of the proposals listed above. Let me know your thoughts below, or email me directly - [email protected]
I will update you as soon as further information about the proposals becomes available.
Do you like this post?